Best Outdoor Solar Lights: Top 10 Reviewed and Our Pick
Solar lights use the sun as an energy source to produce electricity. This type of lighting is environmentally friendly and economically sensible because this kind of lighting does not produce air pollution like kerosene does. Depending on the type of solar lighting, they often have a higher initial cost than other types of lighting. Solar lighting is also weather dependent, meaning when there is cloud cover, there is no sun to charge up the solar lighting unit. Solar lights are especially sought after in rural areas such as backwood cabins where there is no line of traditional electricity. Manufacturers of solar lights have been working towards making them more and more affordable for all. You can now buy solar lights at a low cost. In this review article, we will go over the top ten best outdoor solar lights.
Our Pick for the Best Outdoor Solar Lights of 2018.
In the chart below, you will find our top 10 rated outdoor solar lights. For a more in-depth review of each model, please click on "Read Review."
URPOWER 8 LED Motion Sensor Solar Lights
4.4 out of 5
Litom Solar Lights Outdoor, Wireless 24 LED
4.5 out of 5
URPOWER 20 LED Solar Lights
4.5 out of 5
InnoGear Solar Lights
4.6 out of 5
Mpow Solar Lights 8 LED
4.6 out of 5
TomCare 20 LED Solar Lights
4.5 out of 5
Swiftly Done Solar Power LED Light
3.9 out of 5
Hello Light Solar Motion Sensor LED Lights
4.4 out of 5
Solarblaze Bright SOLAR LED Lights
4.3 out of 5
Sunforce 82080 80-LED Solar Motion Light
4.1 out of 5
Top 10 Best Outdoor Solar Lights of 2018
- URPOWER 8 LED Motion Sensor Solar Lights
- Litom Solar Lights Outdoor, Wireless 24 LED
- URPOWER 20 LED Solar Lights
- InnoGear Solar Lights 30 LED
- Mpow Solar Lights 8 LED
- TomCare 20 LED Solar Lights
- Swiftly Done Solar Power LED Light
- Hello Light Solar Motion Sensor LED Lights
- Solarblaze Bright SOLAR LED Lights
- Sunforce 82080 80-LED Solar Motion Light
What Are Outdoor Solar Lights?
A solar light is a lighting system that is composed of an LED lamp, battery, charge controller, and solar panels. An inverter may also be present. A solar light operates on electricity from batteries which is then charged through the use of a solar photovoltaic panel. Solar lights can be used to replace other light sources such as traditional electric lighting.
Advantages/Reasons for Buying
One of the best advantages of a solar lighting unit is that it does not require traditional electricity in order to produce light. In the long run this can reduce your electricity bill. Solar lights can also be used in areas that are off grid without traditional electricity running to them. People in rural areas that use generators, kerosene lamps, campfires and candles can benefit from solar lights. I personally like solar lights for areas around my farm that don't have electric. A person could put a solar light just about anywhere that they want light, just so long as the solar panel on the light gets to recharge itself in the sun. Solar lights also do not put off unhealthy fumes like kerosene lamps do.
Considerations When Buying
If you live off grid or just want to save some money on your electric bill, than you may want to try using solar lighting. Even if you aren't off grid, solar lighting can reach areas at your home that you don't want to run an electric cord to. I personally like solar lighting for areas of my farm that are away from the house, barn or garage electric, such as my cabin and outhouse. If you like to have a lit up walkway without wanting to remember to turn on lighting every night, solar lights are beneficial because they automatically will come on.
Solar lights will have different features that you can choose from such various sizes of panels and intensity of light output. They also will come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some solar lights are made to stick in the ground while others may hang or have bases for setting them down directly on a surface. There is also a wide price range to choose from when picking out solar lighting.
There are three main types of solar lights. I'll go over each one here.
- Motion-sensing Security Solar Lights - One of the top ways to scare off an intruder is to utilize a solar light that comes on as they enter your property, yard or doorway. The main ways that these lights are installed are either freestanding or mounted. Some people like to mount motion sensor lights to a rooftop or entranceway.
- Spotlights - If you are wanting to quickly light up an area, a solar powered spotlight can work in much the same way as an electric powered solar light. Some solar spotlights can give off the amount of light equivalent to a 40-watt incandescent bulb.
- Garden Lights - This type of lighting is good for people who like a decorative look to their garden area. A lighted garden path also makes walks to the garden at night pleasant without the need to carry a flashlight. Garden lights are usually either free-standing, placed in the ground with a spike-like shape at the bottom, or looking like a lamp post. Garden lights are normally low lit lights that are placed in rows that lead down a path or around a certain garden feature that you want to see at night.
Motion-Sensing Security Solar Lights
Our Pick of the Best Outdoor Solar Light
Our pick for the top is URPOWER 8 LED Motion Sensor Solar Lights.
Solar lighting can give off a lot of lighting with no need for traditional electricity. This type of lighting is environmentally friendly and economically sensible because it uses a free renewable energy source which is the sun. Solar lighting gives off no bad fumes like kerosene can and it can be used off grid where traditional electricity can not reach. Solar lights come in 3 different types which are motion-sensing security solar lights, spotlights or garden lights. I've gone over the pros and cons of each type and also picked the best solar light, along with a top ten list of outdoor solar lights. I hope that this helped you select the best outdoor solar lights for you.