Best Ant Killer – Our Top Choices and Overall Pick
Ants can quickly become pests when they enter people's homes and invade their food. We've put together a list of the top 10 ant killers on the market today. Each type has specific benefits and also drawbacks. In this review, we will go over the best ant killer options on the market today.
Here Are the Best Ant Killer Choices of 2018
In the chart below, you will find our top 10 rated ant killers. For a more in-depth review of each model, please click on "Read Review."
TERRO T300 Liquid Ant Baits
4.4 out of 5
EcoRaider Ant Killer & Crawling Insect Killer
4 out of 5
Amdro Ant Block Home Perimeter Ant Bait Granules
4.4 out of 5
Ortho 0275510 Fire Ant Killer
4.5 out of 5
Hot Shot 2040W MaxAttrax Ant Bait
3.5 out of 5
Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer For Lawns
4.2 out of 5
Bayer Advanced 502832 Fire Ant Killer Dust
4.5 out of 5
Combat Max Ant Killing Gel
4.5 out of 5
Boric Acid Roach & Ant Killer
4.2 out of 5
Eco Defense Pest Control Pouches
3.7 out of 5
Top 10 Best Ant Killers of 2018
- TERRO T300 Liquid Ant Baits
- EcoRaider Ant Killer & Crawling Insect Killer
- Amdro Ant Block Home Perimeter Ant Bait Granules
- Ortho 0275510 Fire Ant Killer
- Hot Shot 2040W MaxAttrax Ant Bait
- Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer For Lawns
- Bayer Advanced 502832 Fire Ant Killer Dust
- Combat Max Ant Killing Gel
- Boric Acid Roach & Ant Killer
- Eco Defense Pest Control Pouches
What Is Ant Killer?
While ants are beneficial to our environment, they can become unwelcome pests when they invade our homes. There are a number of natural ways to get rid of ants and also some pesticides that are sold to get rid of your ant problem. I'll be covering the commercial pesticides that can be used to get control or and hopefully totally rid your home of ants.
Advantages/Reasons for Buying
When ants start entering your personal space, they can destroy food and make your life harder. Some ants can even bite and cause painful stings. Ant Killers can help you to eliminate your ant population. Some like sprays will kill ants on the spot while others like bait stations will take longer to kill ants but will more effectively eradicate the entire colony.
Considerations When Buying
Before you purchase an Ant Killer, think about the following considerations:
1. Do you want to stop ants dead on the spot as you see them? If so, a spray will kill on contact.
2. Do you have a large population of ants that need eradicated? Bait stations or granular ant bait will work most effectively to get rid of an entire ant colony. However it may take a couple of weeks to kill the entire colony.
3. Will you be putting ant poison out in the rain and weather? If so, granular ant bait holds up to moisture much better and doesn't need replaced as often after a rain.
4. Do you have wall or floor cement cracks where ants frequently travel? Ant gels work well in cracks because they come with a syringe or nozzle that makes it easy to apply to cracks.
When picking out the best ant killer, there are different features to look for. I'll go over some of those features here:
1. Quantity - How many ants can you potentially kill with each application. Also, how many applications are included with your purchase.
2. What types of ants does this poison target? Some ant killers are specifically designed to go after and kill a certain species of ants. Others are made to kill any or most types of ants.
3. What type of ant killer will I be getting? The most common types are bait stations, sprays, ant gels, and granular ant baits.
One of the safest ways to poison ants is to use a bait station. A bait station is filled with a sweet liquid or gelatin type of formula. The stations can then be placed in strategic locations around your house and yard. The ants should eventually be attracted to the bait station. When they enter it, they will eat some bait, and then carry it back to their colony where more ants will eat it. This is one of the most effective ways to kill a whole colony. If you were to just spray the ants you would see, the most of the colony would still exist and keep coming to your home. Ant baits wipe out the entire colony. Bait stations work well in covered areas like homes, garages, decks or patios. If bait stations get wet, they will become less effective. Make sure to keep all ant bait stations away from children and pets.
Sprays are a quick way to get rid of ants that you can see. While not as effective as bait stations for getting rid of the entire colony, sprays will work quicker to almost instantly kill ants on contact. Sprays can then be washed away with water when after you clean up the dead ants with a rag or paper towel. A dry back to sprays are that the fumes can be toxic if inhaled when sprayed. Makes sure to keep pets and children away from areas that you will be spraying.
Ant gels work by poisoning the ants after they eat the gel bait. Ant gels most often come with a syringe or nozzle that is made to be squeezed into an area of your home, garage or backyard where ants dwell. People often like to apply the get into cracks on floors or in walls because ants often travel in cracks. Ant gels can be washed away with water, so they should be replaced after a rain that may wash away the gel. Makes sure to keep the gels aways from children and pets.
Granular Ant Bait
Granular bait is a lot like ant bait stations and ant gels. The difference is that granular ant bait is hard and micro capsuled poison. Granular bait holds up better in the rain and doesn't need replaced as often after getting wet. People often place granular ant bait along cracks and other places that ants travel. As with any ant poison, keep granular ant bait away from children and pets.
Our Pick of the Best Ant Killer
Our pick for the best ant killer is Terro T300 Liquid Ant Baits.
Ants can be problematic for people when they start to enter our homes and dwellings. Ants can get into our food supply and also cause painful stings. There is something that you can do to get rid of your ant problem once and for all. The four main types of ant killers on the market today are bait stations, sprays, ant gels and granular ant baits. I've gone over the pros and cons of each type and also covered advantages and considerations to think about when buying an ant killer. Remember, no matter which type that you choose to use extreme caution to keep away from children and pets at all times. I hope that this helped you make a decision for the best ant killer to use.