Tower Garden is a multi-planting growing system that allows you to grow a lot of vegetables, fruits, herbs, or flowers, using just a little bit of space and not much maintenance. If this sounds appealing to you, especially if you don’t have a large garden but still want to make the most of the space you have, you’re going to enjoy today’s article. We’ve decided to review the increasingly popular Tower Garden system and tell you all about how it works, what its most impressive features are, why you should consider buying one for yourself, and more.
Tower Garden Review: Everything You Need to Know
How It All Works
The first thing we want to talk about in today’s review is how the Tower Garden system works. When you order it, you don’t only get the actual system, but also the rest of the supplies you’re going to need in order to grow your plants, like seeds and nutrients. After spending about 25 minutes setting up the system, you can start growing the plants you want.
The growing medium isn’t soil, it’s rockwool. Since the system also comes with a seed starting kit, you can use that kit to develop the seedlings that you’re later going to plant in the Tower Garden. It takes about 3 weeks for the seeds to germinate. Once the seedlings are ready to be planted in the Tower Garden, you’re going to place them into the rockwool. This type of growing medium is great for your plants. It provides them with moisture and oxygen, as well as encouraging a healthy and fast growth.
Since your plants will also need nutrients, this system stores them in its reservoir. The nutrients are called Tower Garden Mineral Blend and they contain pure earth minerals. The minerals are great for plant development, providing a natural alternative for your plants. As opposed to the nutrients the plants would have taken from organic matter, these minerals have a higher nutrient uptake. You’ll have to fill the reservoir with a solution made of the Mineral Blend and some water.
How does the solution reach your plants, you ask? Well, the reservoir contains a submersible pump. This pump pushes the solution to the top of the system through a pipe. From that pipe, the solution drips down, cascading over the roots of the plants. The system also comes with a timer, so the solution is delivered every 15 minutes, without you having to worry about doing it.
All of these features combined help your plants grow in just a couple of weeks. During these weeks, all you have to do is clean the pump filter every now and then and check the water levels. The Tower Garden system takes care of the rest.
The Tower Garden system relies on advanced technology, more precisely aeroponics, which promises to provide a much more efficient, simpler, and cleaner way of growing plants. Aeroponics is an advanced form of hydroponics. It implies the growth of plants in a mist or air environment, as opposed to the typical growing soil environment. Aeroponics is based on a soilless growing medium, water, and liquid nutrients. As a result, your plants will grow to be tastier, more colorful, and better smelling, not to mention more nutritious. Among the main benefits of owning a Tower Garden, we’d like to mention six of the most important ones:
- Increased yield: Due to the aeroponics technology it relies on, the Tower Garden system guarantees you’ll be growing 30 percent more plants than you would in a regular garden.
- Faster yield: If you’re tired of waiting a long time for your plants to grow, you might want to consider a Tower Garden. Its technology ensures the plants will grow three times faster than under normal conditions.
- Less water use: The amount of water some plants need can be damaging to the environment, especially during a drought. It can also be inconvenient for you since you’ll have to make sure you water the plants often. The incredible thing about this system is that it only uses 2 percent of the water you’d normally use.
- No extra work: If you’ve ever owned a garden before, you know that watering the plants is not enough. Growing plants in soil means you’ll also have to take care of weeding and digging. These steps are inexistent with the Tower Garden system since there’s no soil involved.
- No pests: The fact that you’re not growing your plants in the soil also means that you won’t have to worry about pests interfering with their health. On a similar note, contaminated soil will never be a problem either.
- Less space: For people who are really struggling with space in their home or garden, the Tower Garden is a great option. Due to its vertical design, it takes 90 percent less space than horizontal gardens. This mean you can grow more plants in less space, as well as in unusual places.
What You Can Grow in It: 5 Beginner Options
What we particularly enjoy about this growing system is that it allows you to grow everything, from vegetables, to fruits, flowers, and herbs. In fact, you can choose from about 150 different plants, all great for your health and wellness. The only types of plants you can’t grow in a Tower Garden are root crops, trees, bushes, and grapevines. Because we want to help you get started with the Tower Garden, we thought we’d suggest 5 plants you can grow in there as a beginner.
- Basil: This herb is easy to grow regardless of the growing medium, but even easier with the Tower Garden system. Plus, it’s extremely delicious and it brings a ton of flavor to your meals. You can grow it both outdoors and indoors, so it makes no difference where you decide to install the growing system.
- Eggplant: Growing eggplants might seem more intimidating for beginner gardeners, but the Tower Garden makes everything much easier. You can choose among different eggplant varieties, such as the large Barbarella or the small Thai. The Eggplant is a versatile vegetable, so you can use it for many recipes in the kitchen.
- Kale: Especially if you’re someone who’s intent on eating healthy, you’ve probably already heard of the many health benefits of kale. Kale smoothies are a new trend, and you could be making your own using homegrown kale. This plant is extremely easy to grow. Moreover, it provides a rich harvest that you can enjoy for a long time.
- Squash: If you’re thinking you need a lot of space to grow squash, think again. The truth is you can easily grow it in your Tower Garden. You have a lot of varieties to choose from, each more delicious than the next. Not to mention the fact that this plant has the ability to provide a rich yield as well.
- Strawberries: Finally, who wouldn’t like to be able to grow strawberries quickly at home? Thanks to the Tower Garden system, strawberries end up being more flavorful, colorful, and of course, delicious. No matter the strawberry variety you enjoy most, you’ll be able to give up buying this fruit from the supermarket.
Why You Should Buy It
Now that we’ve told you everything there is to know about the Tower Garden plant growing system, it’s time to share the reasons why you should buy it. First, we’d like to mention that you can order your own Tower Garden for $45.25 per month for 12 months. All you have to do is access their official website. That being said, let’s see why we think this growing system is worth the money.
The very first thing that makes this system shine is the fact that it takes up a small amount of space. As a result, you can use it both indoors and outdoors. Moreover, you can make it fit in all sorts of spaces, spaces in which you wouldn’t normally grow plants. This helps you maximize the plant growing capacity of your home and garden.
Not only will you be able to grow more vegetables in less space, but they’ll also grow faster. So, if you don’t really feel like waiting too much for your vegetables to be ready for harvest, the Tower Garden system can replace traditional gardening successfully.
We should also mention that if you choose to grow your plants indoors, you can do that no matter the season. This eliminates the dependency on weather conditions, helping you get fresh fruits and vegetables all year round.
Summing It All Up
To conclude, the Tower Garden multi-planting system is a great alternative to traditional gardening. It provides people with an easier, environment-friendlier, and faster way to grow fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. We hope today’s comprehensive review of this plant growing system has given you all the details you needed before deciding whether this is a good option for you or not. If you’re on the lookout for an option that can help you grow more plants with less effort, we definitely recommend the Tower Garden system.