Benefits of Having Plants in Your HomeThe benefits of having plants in your home are so abundant that it’ll make you want to go out and buy one tomorrow! Some of these benefits include: reducing carbon dioxide, increasing humidity, reducing pollutants, reducing dust in the air, and keeping hot rooms cool. Not to mention that they brighten up and beautify any room they’re in. If that wasn’t enough, a lot of plants have a fresh, pleasant smell. Surely this will help those lifeless dank corners that every house seems to have. Although plants have numerous benefits, not all plants are meant to be houseplants. Some plants are toxic and shouldn’t be around people. Can you imagine if you took a plant home and everyone in the family broke out in a rash? Yikes! Let’s go over the 5 plants you should have in your home that are safe and beneficial.
What Planting Zone is Best for the 5 Must-Have Plants in Your Home?
When it comes to finding your planting zone, it’s crucial to consider the 5 must-have plants for your home. The ideal planting zone for these plants can dictate their growth and survival. Understanding your region’s climate and matching it with the plants’ requirements is the key. By doing so, you can create a thriving indoor garden that brings life and beauty to your home.
The 5 Plants You Should Have
1. Aloe PlantThe best part about the Aloe plant is actually the gel inside the leaves. The gel inside the plant has healing properties that are good for cuts, scrapes, and burns (including sunburns). The gel is quick and easy to extract. All you have to do is cut one of the leaves and squeeze the gel out. You can put it directly on the skin, with almost instant relief! This plant also absorbs harmful chemicals that are in the air.
2. English IvyEnglish Ivy is actually said to be the best houseplant. It can help with asthma, bronchitis, and even allergies. English Ivy can reduce mold and purify the air. This particular plant is also one of the most beautiful indoor plants because of its hanging vines.
3. Rubber TreeThe best part about a Rubber Tree is that they are so easy to grow! Anyone can grow a Rubber Tree, you don’t have to have a green thumb. They can grow in dark corners with hardly any attention. Just stick this plant any old place and it’ll grow. If you seem to be killing every plant you’ve brought home, this is the plant for you. This plant also doubles as an air purifier so it’s a win win for those people that are botanically challenged.
4. Peace LilyThe Peace Lily is true to its name. This plant has such beauty and is also easy to grow. Having this plant in your home will provide light and beauty to your entire home! This is a cost friendly and beautiful way to detoxify your home.
Image Source: Pixabay
5. Snake PlantSnake Plant absorbs carbon dioxide and releases oxygen during the night so having this plant in your bedroom or a child’s room is a great idea! It provides a bright focal point for any corner with the added benefit of extra oxygen. Now who wouldn’t want that?
Summing UpEveryone wants their home to be a safe environment for their families. We typically do everything we can to make that happen, but do we ever think of plants to fulfill that purpose? These are the 5 plants you should have in your home to promote a beautiful, healthy, and clean environment.
Image Source: Pixabay